- Should I use an interactive lecture or a workshop to show my teachers how to present grammar?
- How do I give feedback to a teacher who’s known to react negatively towards criticism?
- What types of tasks can I ask trainees to do in a training session?
- Should I intervene while observing a lesson or should I stay silent?
Designed for experienced teachers who manage and are responsible for their colleagues’ CPD, evaluation, observation, etc, this course will help you learn how to run training sessions, how to observe teachers delivering their lessons, and how to give them appropriate feedback.
Please note that this course will no longer be offered after October 2022.
Experienced teachers, preferably with a Diploma-level qualification such as the Cambridge DELTA, who are interested in training other teachers.
Duration and Schedule
The course lasts for 30 hours in total. The next course is in October and will be held on Saturdays only.
- Saturdays, 8 October – 5 November 2022
Live sessions take place from 12:00 to 18:00 EEST
The course is delivered online as a live synchronous course on Zoom.
The total fee for this course is €480. The Cambridge certification fee is included.
The course is an introduction to teacher training. It aims to help prospective trainers:
– design and deliver teacher training sessions and courses
– observe other teachers and give supportive feedback
– understand how to develop further as a trainer.
The following topics are covered:
The Training Class
- Teaching teachers vs. teaching language learners
- Types of input on teacher training courses
- Different types of training
Analysing and Designing Training Sessions
- Aims and objectives of training sessions
- Planning and designing training sessions
- Evaluating training sessions
Delivering Training Sessions
- Tasks for teacher training
- Managing a training class
- Training practice
- Types of observation
- Observation techniques
- Planning feedback sessions
- Techniques for giving feedback
- Forms of written feedback
- Trainer development opportunities
- Trainer development options
Successful participants will be awarded the Cambridge Train the Trainer certificate and are eligible to work as trainers on Cambridge CELT-P and CELT-S courses.
To register for this course, you will need to complete an initial application form and attend an interview with the course tutor. Please click here.