Do you wish to take your ELT career to the next level and sharpen your knowledge and competencies as an experienced teacher?
Do you wish to get a widely recognized certificate awarded by Cambridge English Assessment and increase your chances of getting a senior teaching position or becoming a Director of Studies?
The DELTA Module 2 course is part of the Cambridge DELTA Diploma, a Level-7 TEFL qualification recognised worldwide.
The information on this page concerns the face to face DELTA Module Two course. If you are interested in the DELTA Module Two fully online option, please visit this page: DELTA Module Two Online.
This course is intended for:
- experienced practising teachers who wish to gain greater insight into their knowledge of methodology, planning, and language analysis and take their teaching to the next level
- teachers who wish to pursue a Director of Studies or Senior teacher or teacher training career
Minimum Entry Requirements
- at least 2 years of experience in English language teaching
- normally, a first degree in English or a related discipline
- CELTA or equivalent
- Age 22+
Duration and Schedule:
The course comprises 125 contact hours and an additional 100 hours of individual study. You can take the course full-time (7 weeks) or part-time (7 months). Forthcoming course dates:
- 4 October – 19 November 2021
- 29 September 2021 – 4 May 2022
The fee for this course is €1,450 (or £1,236). There is an additional Cambridge assessment fee of €150 (or £130).
For part-time courses, it is possible to pay in up to six instalments. You can pay your fees via bank trasfer, PayPal or with your credit/debit card.
A 10% discount is available to course participants who have already completed the DELTA Module One and/or the DELTA Module Three at ACE TEFL.
The course aims to develop your awareness and expertise in the principles of English language teaching as well as your teaching practice in a variety of contexts. Assessment is based on your performance in coursework (written assignments and teaching practices), which is assessed internally and externally. Successful completion of the course leads to the internationally recognised Cambridge DELTA Module 2 Certificate.
The course covers all of the topics in the DELTA Module Two syllabus, which can be found here.
Assessment and Certification
DELTA Module 2 is assessed continuously. This means that your final assessment is based on the assignments that you complete during the course and there is no final examination. The assignments are as follows:
- a professional development assignment, which focuses on reflection and evaluation of your own lessons and also includes an experimental practice component to encourage you to try out new techniques and ideas
- four language systems and skills assignments, each of which comprises an essay, a lesson plan, an observed lesson and a post-lesson self-evaluation; three of these assignments will be assessed by your tutors and one will be assessed by an external assessor.
The practical teaching assessment component (observed lessons) can be completed either with classes of students at ACE TEFL or with your own classes.
To apply for this course, you need to:
- complete an application form
- complete a pre-course task
- attend an interview with one of the course tutors.
Click below to download a DELTA Module 2 application form; once you have completed it, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you the following day to schedule the pre-course task and the interview.
If you aren’t sure what type of course is most suitable for you or you’d like to discuss your options with one of our tutors, please fill in the form below or email us to schedule an online meeting or call us on +30 2112672499. We’d be happy to answer any questions you might have.