- What is a determiner?
- How many different tenses are there in English?
- Does English have a subjunctive?
- Wheh do we use the passive?
If you’ve ever asked yourself questions like these or if your students have asked you such questions and you’ve found them difficult to answer, then you may want to consider attending our Grammar for Teachers course, which will introduce you to the basic concepts of grammar and language analysis.
This course is intended for:
– teachers wishing to develop their language awareness and their ability to decscribe language.
– teachers preparing for the CELTA course, who need to develop their knowldge of grammar.
Duration and Schedule
The course comprises 30 contact hours including seminars, workshops, and individual tasks. It is available as a part time course (3 hours a week over 10 weeks).
The course is delivered online via Zoom.
The fee for this course is € 310 per participant. Discounts are available for groups of teachers from the same school.
The course aims to help participants understand the basic concepts of grammar and select appropriate material and activities for grammar teaching. Each week, participants take part in live sessions exploring different areas of grammar and complete a series of tasks in their own time.
The course covers such areas as:
– Parts of speech
– Verbs and tenses
– Auxiliary verbs and modals
– Artrticles and determiners
– Adverbs and prepositions
– Analysing language for teaching
To apply for this course, you need to complete an application form and attend an interview with one of the course tutors. Click here if you would like to apply for our Grammar for Teachers course.