- Is that a pronoun, a determiner or a conjunction?
- Why can’t I ask May you give us some more information?
- If the passive stresses the action rather than the agent, how do we explain The picture was painted by Leonardo?
- Should I use the past or the past perfect after after?
If you’ve ever asked yourself questions like these or if your students have asked you such questions and you’ve found them difficult to answer, then you may want to consider attending our Advanced Grammar course, a course which will refine your understanding of grammar as well as your ability to present and exemplify grammatical phenomena in the classroom.
This course is intended for:
– teachers who already have a good level of language awareness, but wish to gain further insight into grammar and its teaching.
– teachers preparing for the DELTA course or any other Diploma level course, who need to refine their knowledge of English grammar
Duration and Schedule
The course comprises 30 contact hours including seminars, workshops, and individual tasks. It is available as a part time course (3 hours a week over 10 weeks).
The course is delivered online via Zoom.
The fee for this course is € 350 per participant. Discounts are available for groups of teachers from the same school.
The course aims to help participants understand grammatical description, select appropriate material and activities for grammar teaching at different levels, and explain and check understanding of grammatical phenomena. Each week, participants take part in live sessions exploring different areas of grammar and complete a series of tasks in their own time.
The course covers such areas as:
– Clauses and clause types
– The verb phrase: finite and non-finite forms
– The verb phrase: tense and aspect
– The noun phrase: nouns and adjectives
– Adverbs and prepositions
– Analysing language for teaching
To apply for this course, you need to complete an application form and attend an interview with one of the course tutors. Click here if you would like to apply for our Advanced Grammar for Teachers course.