Assessment theories and principles, phonetics and phonology, morphology and syntax, discourse analysis, first and second language acquisition theories, approaches to language teaching are just some of the areas tested in the Delta Module 1 exam. Assuming you’ve decided to sit for this exam, do you feel lost in the masses of background reading you need to do? Then, this course is ideal for you. Not only will you gain great insight into all of the areas tested on the exam, but you will also familiarise yourself with the exam format and requirements, and develop appropriate exam-taking strategies to maximise your chances of being successful.
Participants: This course is intended for experienced teachers who wish to prepare for the Cambridge DELTA Module 1 examination, offered in June and December each year.
Duration and Schedule: The course comprises 84 contact hours and an additional 100 hours of supervised study. Our forthcoming DELTA Module 1 Preparation course dates are:
- 27 September 2021 – 28 May 2022 (part-time course)
- 6 September – 30 November 2021 (intensive course)
Delivery Mode: The course is delivered online and combines synchronous and asynchronous learning (Zoom and a moodle-based platform).
Tuition fees: The fee for this course is € 650 (or £ 580). Please note the Cambridge examination fee is not included.
For part-time courses, it is possible to pay in three instalments. You can pay your fees via bank trasfer, PayPal or with your credit/debit card.
A 10% discount is available to course participants who have already completed the DELTA Module 2 and/or the DELTA Module 3 at ACE TEFL.
Course Description: The course aims to prepare participants for the DELTA Module 1 examination and is divided into 3 parts:
- Part 1 (18 contact hours) focuses on the background to teaching and learning English: theories of first and second language acquisition, historical and current approaches to ELT, learner language and error analysis.
- Part 2 (45 contact hours) focuses on language analysis (lexis, grammar, phonology, discourse), the language skills (reading, writing, speaking, listening), assessment procedures, teaching resources and materials, analysis and evaluation of learner language.
- Part 3 (21 contact hours) focuses on the DELTA Module 1 examination; exam structure, exam taking strategies and practice exam tasks.
Each week, participants will take part in live sessions exploring issues in these areas and complete a background reading assignment and a series of tasks in their own time.
Syllabus details: The course covers all of the topics in the DELTA Module 1 syllabus, which can be found here.
Course tutors: The course is taught by Alexander Makarios and George Vassilakis.
Application process: To apply for this course, you need to complete an application form, complete a pre-course task and attend an interview with one of the course tutors. Click here if you’d like to apply for our DELTA Module 1 Preparation course.